Wednesday, June 28, 2023

All ready to quilt...............


I sewed the seam in the backing, cut the batting and chose the thread.  It is loaded on the longarm but I haven't taken the first stitch yet.


I stitched some more pieces for the baby quilt while the noon news was on.





In the early evening I dug out some giant weeds growing in the lawn, cut volunteer trees and suckers and picked black raspberries.  This is actually 2 nights of picking.  The berries are small because of no rain for 5 weeks.  There were volunteer trees in amongst the raspberry canes so they are gone now and I can get in there more easily to search for ripe berries. 

9 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I am still picking blackberries my black raspberries finished a couple weeks ago. Love that quilt on your frame.

Julierose said...

Yum--those raspberries look so good!!
Your zig zag is coming together really well...so cute!
Your big quilt is so pretty--lovely colors...

Raining this morning--well, more of a few drops here and there--but very gray once more and gloomy!! We do need as much rain as we can get here though.
67 degrees and very muggy and damp...our walk will have to wait for later when we hope the sun will come out.
Hugs, Julierose

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Your quilt is beautiful!!!
and yay for berries!!!

JJM said...

Pretty quilt on Long Arm and look forward to what stitching design you select for it.

Green quilt for baby ~ fabrics are so refreshing.

And a delicious bowl of ice cream and BLACK RASPBERRIES to end the day.

I’d say another another good productive day for you.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

I love the wonderfully colorful quilt that's awaiting your quilting skill!

The growing baby quilt is a delight with the happy shades of green.

Ah, blackberries! Will have to see if our volunteer plants have any berries. I prefer seedless blackberries as in jam but am currently enjoying blueberries on my cereal!

Hugs!

Quiltdivajulie said...

The quilt waiting for you is going to be gorgeous!!!! Enjoy those summer berries.

MissPat said...

I hope the smoke from the Canadian wildfires isn't giving your any trouble. It's back here today, but not as bad as it was a few weeks ago. Only 65 degrees, though. I used to have a lot of black cap canes, but the deer decimated them and they finally gave up.
Pat

Anonymous said...

Love those beautiful greens! -Roxanne

Patty said...

That green zig zag baby quilt is so cute! Looks like you picked quite a few berries even though they were small. They had to be delicious with the ice cream!