Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Plugging away..............


I chose some more fabrics to cut into 2" triangles for the Fonthill quilt.  These are for the pinwheel blocks that form the last border.  There are 132 pinwheel blocks in the quilt as is and with my alteration in shape it might be another 4.  The outside border is more dull than bright with soft blues, browns, beiges, soft golds and more.







I sewed the first 2 pinwheels last night.  At least 130 to go.  

While in the basement I moved 2 shelf units and vacuumed the area under and around them.  They hadn't been moved for over 15 years.  Now they are back in place and I'm starting to move fabric onto them.

We were lucky enough to get a couple of the few scattered showers yesterday and I had one tenth of an inch in my rain gauge so that is two tenths so far this week.  We need 4" to catch up to normal from our dry May.

10 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Nice pinwheel combos! Been dry here also, plus we have the smoke from the Quebec fire choking us and the sunshine. I don't remember it ever being this bad. I have been watering and watering, but the plants need clear sunshine.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

we have not had measurable rain in my area for over 2 weeks. and 90 almost every day. Some spots in the state get the heavy rain and just 5 miles away nothing - such is summer for rain storms.
The pinwheels are looking good - I don't feel much like doing machine work lately - going through a summer slump already!

Mary said...

I think you will stay busy on this project for a while. Good thing you like working with triangles. We receied an unexpected shower yesterday that gave us .09 inches. Every little bit helps. I hope you get some more.

Julierose said...

Those two pinwheels are so pretty--I especially like the top one in the picture...nice pairings on these. ;)))
It appears that we will be under smokey skies for quite a while--we looked at the NOAA fire map and can see why those fires are not under control--they are so widespread!! Canada is burning for sure!!
56 here this morning with some weak sunshine --hoping for a walk as it warms up..hugs, Julierose

helenreimers said...

I am finding these colors fantastic. The pinwheel pattern works really well in these colors. Can't wait to see the rest. It is pushing 90 here with pop up showers. The humidity is high so the sweating has started. Aw summer in Oklahoma.

Barbara Anne said...

This new quilt will be delicious with those lovely Pinwheels and Pinwheel bits!

Well done in getting that vacuuming done, too!

The air quality here in central VA will be poor for the next few days due to the wild fires in Canada. Hope those fires are soon quenched.

Hugs!

Patty said...

Did you find any dust bunnies? LOL! That has to feel good to get that area freshened up. No rain here. Dry as a bone!

Vicki W said...

This quilt is going to be so special! I have a few pieces of furniture around here that probably need a little vacuuming under too....but it's not likely to happen. :D

Quiltdivajulie said...

You are making really good progress on your Fonthill quilt! A little bit every day will really add up.

Agile Jack said...

this quilt you're working made me dig into my Kaffe books to see if I even had this one... and I do. It must be years since I've looked at that book. It feels so different from other Kaffe books I have. Is that because it's older? There are some really lovely quilts and fabrics in that book. Looking forward to seeing this one progress.