Friday, June 9, 2023

Busy day, a little sewing............


I was concentrating on low contrast pinwheels yesterday.  I started them early in the afternoon and finished them last night.



This is probably the last photo I'll show of the mock up.  I'll just keep making blocks and keep them all in a box until I reach 134 total.  I may eliminate some and make some new ones once I get to the design stage.

I have been waiting for the day with a perfect comfortable temperature and a north breeze and yesterday it was here.  I have had a mess in my potting area in the garage and I mean a real mess.  I finally got it cleaned up and organized and washed my gardening gloves.

Last night I started cleaning up the area along the rock edge of my back garden.  It will take several days because I limit the amount of time I am bending over and pulling weeds and cutting the tall grass at the edge.

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is good to limit your time bending over - it sure can get the back at times. it takes a little while to pot plants and then do the clean up. Ever since I had the fractured foot I am having trouble with gardening this year - I wasn't able to build up to it gradually like I usually do and now I am way behind on things like widen out a garden bed, and all the mulch that I had the tree cutters leave me is still in a pile untouched - I guess I will be working on all of that in the fall and cooler weather instead - the early summer heat has done me in.

Julierose said...

Good idea to limit your bending etc...
I like the low contrast pinwheels blocks-- [kinda reminds me of our smokey skies right now--again today here!]
54 degrees early a.m. and no sun to warm us up. Hugs, Julierose

helenreimers said...

This pinwheels are looking very nice. I like the colors. They blend really well. The contrast with the triangle strip is fantastic. Can't wait to see this finished. At my age, I have learned work a little, rest a little. It does get done. And does not kill me.

JJM said...

Each block has such powerful impact and love the glow your yellow stripe pulls in. You truly are the master of this one.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

Love your new pinwheels and applaud your progress on getting to the many, many you need for this wonderful quilt!

We're off to the grocery since the air quality is better here.

Hugs!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Well, your plan is working and before you know it, you will have enough blocks. Working outside is not the best. I am glad you are being mindful of how you are working.