Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Still moving fabric.....and planting...........


Two more decisions were made.  The top shelf is batik fabrics that I use in colorwash which I keep separate from my other batik fabrics.

The next shelf down is my Australian fabrics.  I can see them so much better here than where they used to be.



I finally planted some of the Petunias I bought last week.  There are also 2 kinds of sweet potato vine in the pot.





Some of the Petunias were in tiny 3 packs and they were looking pretty sad.  I expect them to perk up now.



The three bargain priced tomato plants are growing nicely in their pots.  All three have some buds on them.

I have also spotted 2 volunteer tomato plants in the raised bed.

 

8 comments:

Mary said...

How large a container do you use for your tomatoes? Your stash continues to amzaze me. Designing a usable organization system is a challenge.

Julierose said...

Pretty petunias--similar to the one I got for a belated Mother's day gift last Sunday...
Getting your stash organized is a big job--my shelves are still awaiting me!!
Only 61 here this morning, but sunny...we have rain in our forecast--we shall see--so far we've not got any expected rain amounts here...
Hugs, Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

Having fabrics out on the shelf is ideal for stash shopping (your upstairs fabrics inspired me to overhaul my stash after I visited in 2014). And I can see why those petunias had to come home with you.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sorting of fabric and the garden look really good

Linda Swanekamp said...

I got it all planted, but having to water like crazy as we are rain deficient here. Lovely fabric stacks and wonderful plants.

Barbara Anne said...

Don't you just love to imagine the quilts that will come from the fabrics on your shelves?

Your various planted pots are looking good!

Hugs!

Connie said...

We do love our fabric stashes, don't we? I'm working on a quilt right now that i've pieced the center from small scraps from my scrap draws and then the boarder and back from smaller pieces in my stash. Free Quilting, Right!
Heading out to play in my garden, and wishing you happy gardening and lots of tomatoes this year :)
Connie :)

Mystic Quilter said...

I like the look of the shelving system you have, my fabrics are currently in large sturdy pull out baskets - not good for the hands nor the eyes having to peer into and try and find the ones needed. I've been looking for good shelving systems which will fit my space, after seeing your set up I shall have to get myself organised.