Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Pinwheel progress...........


It was a good day for pinwheels yesterday.  I cut some more triangles while I was in the basement doing laundry. Then last night I paired some more pieces and sewed for 3 hours.





None of the pinwheels have been pressed yet so I grouped them all in  columns for a photo before they come off the design wall.  I have enough made for one double row border.  There are 3 more of those borders plus 4 shorter single row borders so there is a long way to go. (About 90 more needed.)


I have spent the last 10 years trying to decide how I want to make an I Spy quilt.  I now have an idea where I'm headed with the project so I got out my pack of 164 squares that are 4.5".



I want to add new pieces that I have acquired since I made this kit so I sorted them into piles of cows, birds, pigs, chickens, turtles, etc. so it will be easier for me to check whether I already have a fabric.  This will go up on the design wall in my main floor studio while I continue sewing pinwheels.

8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have never made an eye spy quilt I will be watching yours but I don't have any fabric like what you have to make it cute none at all - I just never buy that type of print

Julierose said...

Those pinwheels are so lovely up on your wall in columns...;))

"I Spy" quilts are just such fun to put together and then to watch the kiddos
find things...I used to make up a list of objects to "find" and attach it to the quilt for my grands...they loved it!! I included "tough" pieces of stuff
hidden or incomplete--"Oh Grand-mere--that's not fair!!" Hahaha..
fun memories...

A lovely sunny in the high 60's day--having coffee on the deck and taking an easy start to my day...later on I'll be making macaroni salad to usher in this lovely weather...
hugs, Julierose

helenreimers said...

Love the pinwheels. I have never made an I spy quilt either.

LG said...

I enjoy this blog SO much! You have such a good mix of styles.

JJM said...

Pinwheel passion ~ you sure need it for Font Hill. Your supreme creativity really shows on this one.

And a fun “I Spy”to work on also.

JJM

Quiltdivajulie said...

I hope you have fun with the I Spy project - I've never "formally" made one but I've seen so many in blog-land. Your's will be one of the best, I have no doubts. The pinwheels are looking good.

Barbara Anne said...

You are amazing and I love the pinwheels - but also love the new direction you're going with the I Spy fabrics. Isn't this the best part about making quilts? You can always change or slightly alter your direction by changing one or more fabrics. No rules, just wide open choices from your very own ideas. Perfect!

Hugs!

Linda Swanekamp said...

The pinwheels look rich and full. I will eager to see what you are going to do with I spy squares. I have collected animal squares and don't want to do a Disappearing 9 patch that makes sashing with them as I have done before.