Sunday, June 18, 2023

Kaffe corner.............


This is my Kaffe fabric set up in the corner of my bedroom so far.  This is just Kaffe, not Kaffe collective which includes Brandon Mably and Philip Jacobs.

I decided to stick with my previous storage method in the basement with the fabrics in numerical order. Those white sheets hanging from the corner of the rack on the left are the list from #1 all the way to present.  I can use it to check where a certain fabric is.  I'm pretty familiar with the order of the first 70 fabrics.  I have just lost track in the last 5 years and need a cheat sheet.  

On top of the rack are Tiddlywinds and Strata which I decided to keep out and available.  At the left on the bottom shelf is all Spot, his polka dots, so they aren't in the numerical order either.  The box to the left on the floor is all Aboriginal Dot.

  The purple box on top of the shelf with the green baskets will be removed.  It is full of miscellaneous that used to be in the white shelves (need to make decisions on the contents).  The green baskets are for pieces that need to filed back into the piles and the reprints in the 85th birthday group.  Two of the narrow crates on the floor are empty.  They will be fit into the mix at some point.

This is all of my Kaffe's except the light (low volume) ones I showed a few days ago and lots of the larger yardage pieces that are for borders and backings.

To the right of the white shelves is a 24" x 36" table that is about counter height, which came with 2 stools and meant to be used in a kitchen.  I will put an Olfa cutting mat on top of it so I can cut off chunks of fabrics that I want to use as they are needed.  To the right of that is a lawyers bookcase with 3 sections that I'm hoping to empty out and then I can bring the light fabrics up here too.

I planted the 3 plants in the center section of my front garden at 8 p.m. last night so I'll take a photo of that today.  I still have a coneflower and a Columbine to plant as well as all of the new Petunias.

16 comments:

Julierose said...

What a beautiful array of KF fabrics--lovely collection.
Expecting company for father's Day today so will be busy in my kitchen...
63 here as of now and sunny-hoping for warmer deck sitting weather by this afternoon...hugs, Julierose

Mary said...

It's looking nice an tidy, not to mention well organized. This system should serve you for a long time.

Nann said...

You are fully Kaffeinated! Love the color of the walls.

Tami Von Zalez said...

Nann said it best "fully Kaffeinated" so funny! That is truly an amazing collection, it is no wonder you create some amazing Kaffe quilts. I would love to see a Kaffe retrospective of your work.

Florida Farm Girl said...

Wow, I knew you were a fan of Kaffe and had a lot of his fabrics, but never dreamed there were this many of them! What a treasure.

JJM said...

Absolutely an awesome collection of fabrics and knowing thats just a ‘tip of the iceberg’. ~ So meticulously organized, and I’m sure you’ll have dreams of creating with your fabrics every night. (*._.*)

JJM

Linda Swanekamp said...

All I can say is WOW. Amazing collection, nicely organized.

Nancy J said...

I wonder if there is anyone else who has such an extensive KF collection? Maybe you could message him and see what he knows? Great organisation, and lovely shelving set up.

Barbara Anne said...

Stellar organization and I love this part of your stash! You'll not be lost for options, will you?!

Hugs!

Agile Jack said...

It's amazing that you're able to keep all that fabric so organized! curious how large the cuts are. I now they vary, but is there a standard or average size?

Anonymous said...

I love seeing your collection—but I especially love how you use it and enjoy making great quilts with it! -Roxanne

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

amazing to keep all that fabric so organized - I have never done that - looks great and now easy to handle.

Quiltdivajulie said...

What a beautiful sight to see in the corner of your bedroom - fabulous color AND endless possibilities. Your wall color is terrific - deeper tone than the walls in my studio - gorgeous!

Mary said...

That is an amazing collection of Kaffe. I am beyond awed!

Vicki W said...

That is an impressive collection sure to inspire some colorful dreams!

Mystic Quilter said...

What a sight - a corner full of luscious Kaffe fabric. I love your organisation Wanda, also your colour on the walls. Good idea to have a small cutting table nearby - will you actually be able to find your way to the bed???