Friday, June 23, 2023

Black and white day............


The black and white fabrics needed to be in a place where I could see them better.  They were in a hard to reach place before and had become very unorganized.  

Top shelf left to right: stripes and checks/plaids (and a few graphic prints); large prints; dots, spots and circles; large yardage.

Second shelf: Positive/negative (black with white and white with black, the same print); miscellaneous; miscelaneous; animal print (mostly zebra and giraffe).

What isn't shown here: a pile of black and whites that read as gray (approximately equal amounts of black and white in the print) and a lot of fat eighths of white with black prints.

That was about 2 hours of fun 😊, and then I needed to water plants and do a little shopping online for things I can't get locally.  A lot of pacing and thinking later in the day trying to decide which fabric is next for a new location.

I pulled the fabrics I need to add to the 4.5" I Spy pieces to make a twin size quilt and I will press them and cut the pieces today (maybe...).  I found my pack of 6.5" I Spy fabrics and there are enough to make a 60" x 84" quilt without adding any other fabric.  I sorted them into dark and light stacks.

6 comments:

Julierose said...

Nice job sorting and folding those B&W fabrics...Good that you found your
"I Spy" pieces--that will be a fun quilt to put together..;)))
65 early this morning and more humid--already 62 dewpoint--I guess all that rain went elsewhere--"Nary A Drop--and how the grasses did shrink!!" Yikes!
I hope your weekend is a fun one...hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love all those black and whites sounds like you are enjoying reorganizing

jmsx3 said...

I have to tell you that your stacks of sorted fabric are so inspirational! I took screenshots of your pinks and corals because I have a ton of pink stuff, and now today the black and white! Thank you for all the ideas, I'm afraid I won't live long enough to realize all of them!

Barbara Anne said...

Well done and am glad you found those 6.5" I Spy fabrics before you started cutting more!
We're on our 4th day of rain, it's thundering, and we may soon slide toward North Carolina as they are south of us, globally speaking. It's also good that we live near the top of a hill.

Hugs!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Black and white prints are so hard to find. When I find them, I buy them. You need a good variety to make them work well.

Quiltdivajulie said...

You are so right that many black and whites read as gray ... Even though all this is hard work, I'm so glad the results are making you happy.