Saturday, June 10, 2023

Blooms.............


My 1953 ranch style house doesn't have a back door.  It's the front door or side door on the garage to get out so obviously I don't have a deck or a patio.  Some friends came to visit yesterday so the solution to be almost outside in our beautiful weather but with a roof over us to be out of direct sunlight was to set up a table in the garage and have the window and doors open for cross ventilation.  They brought me a tall potted Canna and I forgot to take a photo.  He planted it much earlier than I planted mine.   This photo is the late blooming Peony in front of my house.  It blooms so late compared to the others that the the tips of the petals on a lot of the buds turn brown and they never bloom.


This is right in front of an Annabelle Hydrangea bush.










The flowers on this Hydrangea are a little ahead of the bush I showed in the back garden a few days ago.





I got two new Coneflower plants last summer, a yellow one and a red with shaggy center.  They both came up but it looked like bugs were eating the leaves on the red one and it disappeared.  This is the yellow one and it has 2 buds already although it is really tiny.  I'm wondering if it will be yellow this year or if it will revert back to a color it was originated from.  I bought a white plant one year and it reverted to the same pinky purple as my native plants.

 

6 comments:

Julierose said...

the peonies are really lush and lovely in that white!! I have two blooms on my bush this year--one super large and the other just a smaller version...but at least it bloomed for me;)))
53 here this morning early--but bright and sunny for a nice welcome change...
hugs, Julierose

sue s said...

My peonies are like yours; they are only blooming this week but wow they are gorgeous! I have some 2 yo transplants that are finally blooming too.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

lovely plants

JJM said...

Peonies, Hydrangea, Cone flower all way ahead of mine, here in the valley of our Rocky mountains. It must be our frosty nights that slow the blossoming of our plants. ?


JJM

Ann said...

We have coneflowers but none of the others make it in our heat. Darn. Hydrangeas, lilacs, peonies, poppies. So many beautifully lush flowers I miss. Thanks for sharing.

Vicki W said...

You must have the prettiest garden in the neighborhood.