Thursday, April 27, 2023

Trying layouts...............


 I tried some layouts with the Kaffe Fassett yarn dyed woven stripes and shot cottons.  It's not working out like I thought it might.  I have used some of the solids more than once since I don't have as many of them as I have of stripes.












After staring at the above layout for about a half hour I tried this layout.  It might be interesting if I place the lights and darks in better locations.

Actually I was tired last night after mowing the front yard so I gave up playing with the pieces.  I'm thinking the way to save this is to order some more light colored shot cottons.  I was trying to avoid that so I'll think about this for awhile.

Earlier in the day I loaded a quilt on the longarm but I never got back down to the basement to start quilting it.  I'm hoping today is the day.....you know the end of the month is creeping closer and I have only had one finish this month.

6 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Doesn't make you crazy when what is in your head is not what you get? I guess that is why I have a design wall and copious graph paper. Not getting the comments on my blog as you mentioned. Any ideas why not yet?

JJM said...

I know you will come up with a layout that you’re happy with…. As you say, it might take some lighter fabrics for this one to please you.

JJM

Julierose said...

Isn't it amazing that no matter how much fabric you have on hand you still have to go out and find some more to illustrate your ideas;)))
48 degrees and Rain here this morning and for the next few days--finally
getting over this awful cold and cough--i am so sick of being sick!! WEll, getting some really good naps in;))) hugs, Julierose

Kristin said...

I like both layouts but then again I like pretty much everything you make! Maybe you pust yourself too hard? You are so very productive.

Barbara Anne said...

What interesting blocks and I like both layouts. With the current fabrics and shades of colors, it looks cozy and wintery. Will lighter colors help or hinder where you want this quilt to go?

True, only one finish this month but how many quilt tops did you complete?? They count!

Hugs!

Aly D said...

Don't be too hard on yourself or your ideas/decisions. I think any of your layouts would be just lovely. Don't over-think your idea