Monday, April 10, 2023

More Australian fabric fun.............




First up, I sewed the zig zag quilt top, pressed it and did the staystitching around the perimeter.  It is 36" x 45".  









Then I moved something and discovered a tray with more triangles.  I remember I had put it aside because I needed more dark ones.  Oh, well, there will be another quilt top because the one pictured above is done unless I decide to add the borders.


Next up was using the remainder of the strip sets I used for the border on the Australian churn dash quilt.  There was 29" left so I could get four 7" cuts out of each strip set.  There will be one more column added.  I need to sew a couple more strip sets first.  This is not the final arrangement, just a mock up of the design to see if I liked it.

I did another hour of outside clean up late in the afternoon yesterday.  Now I need to rake all of the leaves out of the front flower beds.  My plan is to mow over them so I'm hoping that is good for the grass in the spring.  I know it is recommended in the fall.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

The quilt turned out beautiful! I don’t know what changed at my end, but I can no longer view your blog on my computer. I will just have to see it on my phone. I am slow typing on the phone so my comments will be shorter.

Barbara Anne said...

What a lot you accomplish and I love both quilts you're making now! Well done!

Hugs!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Which is funny to me because I have more darks than lights! ( I'm die cutting my HSTs to finish at 3". Wit looks like yours are the same.). Both versions today look really good!!

Julierose said...

Both quilts are really lovely--I do like that zig zag a lot. ;)))
I have been waffling around trying to think of what to make next and your zig-zag is calling my name hahaha;)) I am sorting some scraps into light and dark right now...
Up to 53 here at 11 a.m.--and the sun is shining brightly--so nice--hoping Spring is here for good...hugs, Julierose

JJM said...

Your ‘tantalizing’ fabrics for Zigzag and Rectangles tops are full of ‘Exuberant’ fun. Two tops of needle artwork.

JJM

Jocelyn said...

You have been very busy. Love the zig zag quilt.

Nancy J said...

Leaf mulch is always good, lovely zigzag. Leftovers, mine is usually batik scraps, but I have a lovely bright clown head applique pattern that might just use up some of them .

Kristin said...

Love the zig zag quilt!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Just beautiful combinations and colors in the quilts. Color and value are the kings.

Vicki W said...

Leftover make great meals and great quilts! Both of these are really cute.

Mystic Quilter said...

Magnificent zig zag quilt top!