Saturday, April 1, 2023

March 2023 monthly recap...........


Two finishes in March, one older one and one new this year.  The Hexagon Stars quilt top was made in 2016 and is 57" x 72".  Yay, it is a finished quilt now!  The green and yellow quilt top was made in January this year and is now a finish measuring 50" x 70".


All three quilt tops made in March required borders.  That always slows me down a little.  The Australian fabric 16 patch top is 61.5" x 77.5".  The Australian fabric Hole in the Barn Door/Churn Dash top is 57" x 81".  The Scrappy Batik Bear Paw quilt top is 71.5" x 85".









I thought I should make 2 collages of all of the quilts I have made with Australian fabrics so far.  These 3 are all finished quilts and I sold the one in the center.


These 3 are all quilt tops and I sold the one on the right.  I have pieces for one or two more quilts cut.  The pieces may all make it into one quilt, just not sure at this point.  I would like to do a half hexagon quilt with the fabrics too.  The scrap bin is getting full and I still have two 12" high stacks of the yardage.  Maybe I should make a quilt of all 8" or 9.5" squares.

We had some wild weather going through our area last night.  I was without power for a little over an hour and I spent a couple hours in the basement while we had tornado warnings but I didn't hear any thumps on the house.  I write this around midnight so I'll check out things in the daylight today.  I'm sure the news programs will show us any damage in our area.

9 comments:

Julierose said...

Hope all is well with you and your house this morning. It is 50 here and raining this morning.
You've made some lovely quilts with those Austrailian fabrics...
Hugs, Julierose

Mary said...

I'm relieved you came through the bad weather okay and hope there is no damage to your house. You are really whittling away at your stash of Australian fabrics. My own scraps are reaching an overwhelming level.

JJM said...

What a fun and lively end of the month showing, Wanda. I’ll be looking at it all weekend. Each one one is a special beauty. Plus showering us with extra’s made with Australian fabrics.

JJM

National weather news sure predicted rough storms ahead for the midwest. I had talked to my sister in the a.m. and she said it was a lovely spring morning, but warnings had begun already.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I'm so glad you have a basement that you can spend time in with the tornado warnings going. I hope you had no damage when you could see outside in the morning - we were lucky to just have the thunderstorms when I see what happens 75 miles away here.
So many beautiful quilts - love them all

Barbara Anne said...

What a glorious array of happy, colorful quilts you've made and think you should take a bow! Applause, applause!

Hope your property was safe from weather damage as well as everywhere else, too. When Hurricane Isobel came through during the night here, we and the neighbors were outside at 6am, first light, to see what had happened. It was daunting, but all of the houses were okay.

Hugs!

Quiltdivajulie said...

It was pretty wild here. Tornadoes across the MS River from us in AR and another one just north of us on the same road where DH worked when we first moved here. No basements here so we have to manage with interior closets. Two great finishes (you know which one I like best) and three more terrific tops. You had a good month!

Anonymous said...

I hope you haven't got any damage from the storms. They looked very scarry on the news Friday night. I loved the swirly fabric border on your quilt you showed us yesterday - March 31st. I try and pick out my favorite when you show the end of the month finishes and can never pick out just one! I love them all. You are my favorite quilting blogger. Thank you for sharing all your quilts with us.

Kay in Kansas

Mystic Quilter said...

First off I'm so pleased to hear that you are safe and sound! We have the news here showing the terrible destruction caused by tornadoes in your part of the world, the scenes were horrific.
Quilting - your quilts using the Australian fabrics, whether completed or still at the tops stage are amazing!Of course goes without saying again how much I love your KF stars!

patty a. said...

You had a very good month! My SIL texted me Saturday evening and they had been without electricity for 7 hours and did not know when they were going to get power back. They are NE of me and things were fine here, but they got hammered.