Saturday, April 22, 2023

A little quilt top.............


There were 2 TV shows on last night and 2 hours is what it took to sew this top together.  It is small, 20" x 33" so most likely a wallhanging.












This was an unlikely assortment of fabrics but it turned out pretty good.  It isn't really a colorwash because the colors don't flow together smoothly  because they aren't next to each other on the color wheel.  It looks more like a watercolor painting with little motifs drawn on the color puddles.  That is the practical side of my brain speaking.  The artist side of my brain just says it is pretty, no explanation needed.


I caught the Redbud trees by the driveway with sunlight coming from the left around 7 last night.  This changed them to a warm pink instead of the cool pink that they normally look.  I took some photos of the back yard trees but they didn't turn out well so I'll try again today.


The neighbors' kitty always wants to follow me into my garage so I have to trick him to walk away and then I hurry in and shut the door.  Here he is reaching up trying to get to the window.  He is really a pretty kitty, just a year old and I have seen him trotting home with a present in his mouth for my neighbor.  She said one day it was a shrew, another day a bird.

7 comments:

Julierose said...

this quilt reminds me of a summer garden with splashes of colors here and there lit by the sun. ;)) so beautiful...I really like it
50.5 here and cloudy-- waiting for rain ,,,
hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that quilt is so pretty I love those colors. Cats can be pretty and very entertaining! we used to have them and they would cuddle for hours

Sally Langston Warren said...

I agree with Julierose….I was just thinking this quilt reflected the same colors shown in your photograph of the trees. The colors in the quilt are spread out in a similar way they appear in nature. So pretty.

JJM said...

Your ‘color flow’ wall hanging is so eye pleasing, I can visualize it in an entry way welcoming all who enter. I agree so pretty.

Just like your Redbud tree photo, you captured their blossoming beauty at the right time of day.

JJM

Vicki W said...

I really like the muted tones of this one. Our Redbus are done but the Dogwoods are going strong right now. The iris are starting to bloom too.

Barbara Anne said...

Another perfectly wonderful quilt from your imagination and fabric stash to reality. Applause, applause!!

We've had a whopping noisy and windy thunderstorm today but it's settled to gentle rain. Nice.

Hugs!

Char said...

I love how that little quilt turned out. As usual the color is wonderful!