Thursday, April 20, 2023

Rectangles..........


When I made the last colorwash with rectangles I had several groups that just didn't work with the bright colors.  I started out with one idea of how to use them and it didn't work so I started this one.   I will move a couple pieces now that I see the photo on the computer monitor.

I spent time yesterday sewing labels on quilts, something I don't do very often.  Mostly I sew them on wallhangings rather than throw quilts which are used both sides up. 

We had a downpour yesterday afternoon around 4.  We haven't had a heavy rain like that for a long time.  More storms predicted for today. 

 

5 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

A very soothing colorwash. It makes me smile. Kind of dark here this morning, so don't know weather wise what is going to happen. Daffodils firmly in bloom.

Julierose said...

Lovely shading on the rectangles...such pretty leftovers;))
42 here again this morning,,sunny with a north wind blowing about...
Hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

we to have the storms today and off and on all week from the way it sounds. I don't always keep up with labels.

Barbara Anne said...

Lovely, serene colors in this new color wash quilt! It already looks cozy. :)

I put labels on all of my quilts, large, medium, and small because I have a few quilts from my in-law's home and my grandmother's home and have no idea who made them. I find that frustrating and there is no one left to ask. Sigh!

Unless the forecast changes, we have a 99% chance of rain all day Saturday.

Hugs!

JJM said...

My oh my ~ you’ve created a very unique design with color wash rectangles, it’s like our weather changing from light to darker as it moves down the piece .

JJM