Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Top sewn..........


It took 3 hours to sew this little 36" x 48" top together.  I estimated it would take me less than 2 hours.  It will only need one width of fabric for the back so it will probably get quilted early in May.  I'm thinking a light binding might be best because a dark binding would touch the points at the edge.  If I put a 2" light border on it a dark binding would work.  I have a few days to make a decision.


I finished reading the new Kaffe book I showed on this post.  There are directions for some quilts and this time he used his own archive of fabrics, many of them not available any more.  That is a departure from promoting mostly new fabrics in his books.  He repeatedly encouraged using your stash and maybe even making the quilts in other colorways.  It was a fun read.

Google Blogger didn't send comments to my email yesterday even though I have my settings correct.  I'll go back into the blog today and answer yesterday's comments.

8 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

It is quite beautiful, even though it took a lot of time. I just finished sewing an on point quilt together and was that ever time consuming! Hope your weather is better than ours! Tomorrow is supposed to be the only non-rainy day.

Vicki W said...

It's very cute.

JJM said...

I can see it would take 3 hours for sure and it shows because it is so precise…. I really like this pattern you created, it twists so lovely especially in pink.

JJM

Nann said...

The half-rectangles (to choose one name of many) would be a great Rainbow Scrap Challenge block. Thanks for the reminder about the Kaffe book. I need to complete my collection.

Barbara Anne said...

What a happy quilt and it reminds me (for some unknown reason) of cotton candy. Applause, applause!

Hugs!

Elsie Montgomery said...

I'm not a 'pink' fan but do love this one! It is a happy quilt and the fabrics are perfect together.

Karen said...

love how it turned out - almost got the book but passed

Florida Farm Girl said...

I love this little quilt! I see another one on my list now! I just finished the binding on The Square Within from the Color Shuffle book which your quilt inspired. Its gorgeous in reds/purples/oranges and then lighter colors.