Sunday, April 9, 2023

4 more seams............


I got a late start sewing this top together.  I spent time putting away fabric and have a couple more days to get it all done.  That's what happens when I don't do it for 6 months.  Then I went outside in the 60 degree weather and did some raking of leaves.

I have 4 more seams to sew and then pressing the top.


 Before I started sewing the blocks together I auditioned the fabric pieces that were leftovers from cutting the borders for the Australian fabric 16 patch.  There are 2 strips of each of the 2 kinds so I have plenty if I decide to add them.



While raking I uncovered some Peony plants.  There are lots of them coming up, some just barely peeking out and others about 6" tall.  I only worked outside a little while.  I know from previous years not to overdo on the first day of clean up.


There were 4 Sedum plants totally covered with leaves along my back lot line.  They will grow fast now that they are uncovered.

Happy Easter to all who celebrate it.  We are lucky this year to have a warm day predicted to be in the upper 60s.

 

7 comments:

Libby in TN said...

I have several peonies peaking up, too. I need to treat the sedums with Deer-Off before they get too big.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

glad to see your plants are peaking up out of the ground. It is always so hard to not overdo it on the first days of outside clean up looking for the plants but I know I always over do it also. Have a nice Easter - I know for us I will be busy for a couple hours then sit back and stitch.

Julierose said...

So nice to see green things coming up--Happy Easter to you and yours.
My daughter is coming here for lunch--so looking forward to seeing her...

Lovely weather for Easter Egg hunting here--sunny and 43--no littles to go searching this year though..so I bought some Reeces peanut butter choc eggs for us oldies hahaha
Hugs Julierose (chomp chomp!!) ;)))

Mary said...

Happy Easter!

JJM said...

It was fun to see your border auditions. I like borders, they seem to add like ‘frosting on a cake’…. And look forward to seeing which border or even if you decide to add one.

Happy Easter to you also. JJM

Nann said...

My peonies are up, too. Warm weather will push everything along this week.

Mystic Quilter said...

Happy to see the shoots of your peony plants coming through the ground, I always look forward to photo each year of the blooms.