Monday, April 3, 2023

Rest and recharge..............





Yesterday was a lazy day, time to recharge.  It was 31 yesterday morning and 55 in the afternoon.  Maybe the temperature swing is why I had no ambition to work on anything.  Last night I took one of each of the triangle squares I sewed the night before and tried my favorite layout, zig zag.  I think they look pretty good and this design would make me happy.  Now I need to sew up the rest of the triangles that are already cut and then cut up some scraps for more variety. 

9 comments:

Julierose said...

Glad to hear you had a restful time; your z-z's are looking so pretty...I love that setting too.
Only 27 here, but sunny...hugs, Julierose

Mary said...

Taking a rest day is something all of us need to do from time to time.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have been having more recharge days then I used to - I think we need it to think about where we want to go with projects

patty a. said...

I sure hope we have some mild warm weather and it doesn't get hot right away. You know I with you on a zig zag quilt! It looks good in those Australian fabrics!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Oh, zig zag is looking great. Sometimes we just need to rest although it seems like a waste of time.

JJM said...

Another Zig-Zag beauty in the works. And it was time you took to recharge, your body was telling you to slow down.

We woke up to 2” of new snow and its is still coming down at 9:50 a.m. ! ! ! ! ! Bah-Humbug

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

This is such a delightful beginning for your new quilt and it's perfect you started with a rest and time to have a think.

What fun to bring another one-of-a-kind on the planet quilt from a plan to reality: a quilt that can keep somebody warm.

Hugs!

Nancy J said...

Zig zag looks wonderful, and when you think it's time for a rest, it probably is.

Mystic Quilter said...

Like this new zig-zag Wanda, lazy days are always good to have, problem for me I seem to be having too many at the moment, achieving not very much at all!