Saturday, April 29, 2023

Quilting day...............


Even though it was another 67 degree day yesterday, I worked inside instead of outside.  The quilting is finally done on this 81" long quilt.




I did organic straight line quilting on this one, 3 lines in some rows of rectangles, 4 lines in others.






Some lines are pretty straight, others are like this one, a big wobble as I was walking end to end of the frame while quilting.





Tomorrow I will check out this piece as a possible binding fabric.


 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This quilt is absolutely electric, and I love it!
Kathy

Vicki W said...

Straight-ish line quilting is so effective and looks great on these rectangle blocks.

Nann said...

"Organic." I will adopt that term to excuse wobbly quilting. Yours looks great and the binding fabric will work well.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it looks great - a lot of work - love the colors

JJM said...

I agree with Kathy, this quilt has an ‘Electric’ glow to it. And even more fun to see when enlarged. What little I can see of your backing, the binding you are thinking about looks perfect, with front and back.

When it’s a sunny nice warm day even working in the house feels good. 78 degrees on Friday and it was 75 on Thursday. We’ll no doubt get another snow squall before we can say its really spring or summer.

JJM

Sharon said...

I spent this morning strolling through your blog and catching up. Simply a joy to see your work. Thank you for all your sharing and continued blogging. Enjoy your weekend.

Quiltdivajulie said...

So dreary, damp, and gray here today - these photos are a burst of joy! I'm guessing that binding will be a knock out.

Barbara Anne said...

What an accomplishment to have finished the quilting on this large happy and exuberant quilt!!

Hugs!

barbara woods said...

Love your quilting, do much of mine the same way