Thursday, April 6, 2023

A long day.............


I'm not an early riser so yesterday's cellphone weather alert of a tornado warning had me up at 6:15 and in the basement for 30 minutes until the storm weakened and the warning was dropped.  This was the same storm front with tornados that went through Missouri while people were sleeping.

With the extra hours added to my day I did a load of laundry, went grocery shopping and sewed 4 more columns and added the three sections together on the colorwash.  There are 9 more columns left to sew.


Yesterday afternoon I cut some more triangles for the Australian fabric zig zag quilt and last night that was my mindless sewing.  I have lots more to sew so I will alternate between the 2 projects.

All of the severe weather has gone east now and we will have some blue skies and sunshine. They are even talking about a week of 70s starting on Monday.

9 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

We had crazy weather, but not so severe. Still cloudy here, but rained all last night. I swear I can see the tulip leaves growing. The colorwash is looking terrific. The triangles are going to be fun to see sewn up.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I don't get up real early usually either and it throws my day off. I too am glad all the storms seem to be gone for maybe the rest of the week? I'm tired of them already and spring is just starting

Carolyn said...

The quilt is beautiful. I am an early riser and find the early morning hours to be very productive.

Mary said...

You got a lot accomplished during your long day. I guess your rest day earlier this week helped prepare you!

Barbara Anne said...

Hope you had a nap yesterday afternoon!
Love how the watercolor quilt is coming together and the zig-zag quilt is coming along well, too.
It's our turn for wind and rain starting today in the early eve, all night, and tomorrow.

Hugs!

Julierose said...

Crazy weather for you!! Glad to hear it moved away!!
I love the peek at those Australian triangles you've cut out. So pretty!!

I slept in this morning for a change and have had a slow start to my day.
We are in a heavy, misty fog and it is 50 degrees here by the ocean...
I've put in a crock pot roast and did my potatoes, so dinner is done;))

Hoping to get more cleaning done in my room today; I want to pull out all my orphan blocks and see what's what --so many of them.;000
Hugs julierose

JJM said...

Just stitching a row of rectangles into a column is time consuming, and next adding each column to the existing ones . Its indeed a long process.

Besides laundry, grocery shopping and cutting more triangles all before you started stitching on your columns. I agree with you, you did put in one long day.

Your wicked tornado storms are hitting national weather news, I hope they stay out of the Fox Valley areas. Although it sounds like you are getting rain from those storms,

JJM

Needled Mom said...

That's a terrible way to wake up! We've been bombarded early with spam phone calls. We had 4 calls before 6 am today. So frustrating. The storms/tornadoes have been so awful this year. Glad they missed you. Your colorwash quilts are always so beautiful. Enjoy the warmer weather. Happy Easter.

Vicki W said...

That is a pretty rude awakening! I'm glad you didn't have any tornados where you are.