Tuesday, April 4, 2023

347 pieces on the design wall.......


I have been playing with color again.  The yellows aren't as bold as they look in this photo.  There are 347 rectangles on the design wall and no pins....don't sneeze!  Luckily I don't have forced air heat so there is no breeze coming by.  I have a little more tweaking to do and then add all of the squares to fill in the top and bottom edges.  The dark prints have a lot more personality than they show in a photo too.


This is probably the last orange cactus bloom of the season.  I have 2 more buds on the red one and all I can do is hope another will decide to bloom in April.  



Round 2 of storms are coming through this afternoon and evening.  We are in a risk of 3 out of 5 of having severe weather.  They are talking a lot about large hail.  My last 2 roof replacements have been because of hail damage and I don't want to go through that again (2003 and 2019).

 

10 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

The colorwash looks fantastic- it glows. We have risks today here also, hoping for a quick shot and gone. I have a couple of blooms, but outside the helleborus is blooming, yay!

Julierose said...

WOW that is a lot of work getting all those up there--but it is just a lovely piece;)))
48 degrees here this morning and my daffodils have finally bloomed...;)))
Hugs, Julierose

Sally Langston Warren said...

Your color wash is working! When I find myself squinting (because of the “glare” lol) to look at it, you know it’s good! Does anyone else do this? My cactus plants are blooming again. I thought the cactus plants were either Christmas or Easter or Thanksgiving, but these bloomed before Christmas and are blooming again now! I sure hope you fare well with the weather. Four years is way too soon for roof replacement or repair.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the colorwash is a beauty. Hope the storms will not be bad - talk here too is high risk

patty a. said...

The color wash is looking great. The weather here for today thru tonight is not showing any storms so I will take that.

JJM said...

Supreme color wash ! I did enlarge to see the beautiful prints ‘up close and personal’. I knew you were working on another surprise for us. (*._.*). Your color wash pieces are always my favorites.

JJM

Quiltdivajulie said...

We have wind and hail predictions again as well. Here's hoping your roof (and ours) are spared!

The color wash is stunning, even though you haven't finished tweaking the arrangement. SO beautiful.

Barbara Anne said...

What a beautiful colorwash arrangement of batiks and it looks fine to me as it is.
You're right about the wonderful prints you used and seeing it with the enlarged photo was a real treat. How might you finish the edges?

Hugs!

Nancy J said...

You have been so busy, the colourwash is fantastic, hope the hail gives you a miss.

Mystic Quilter said...

Stunning colourwash, and I do like the ones you make using rectangles rather than squares,