Friday, April 21, 2023

Garden and design wall...........


It's hard to get a good photo of the Lenten Rose blooms because they hang down.  This is the most prolific plant this year, 2 blooms and 3 more buds.  There is more new growth on the other 2 plants.



This is one of my older Hostas and it looks like maybe the center of the plant is dead.  I really should dig it up and replant the good pieces.





This is the biggest Hosta so far.  I think this is the one with the big wrinkly leaves.  I know it is too big for the spot it is in but I don't have anyone that wants some Hostas now so I hate to split it and have to pot all of the pieces I pull off.


The Brunnera is big and bushy and has lots of flowers.  They are a brilliant blue but it never shows up in photos.





My Lungwort/Pulmonaria has travelled onto my neighbor's property.  It is an area under a tree and nothing else can be planted there so we both just let it keep multiplying there.



The flowers are always pink and blue on the Lungwort so I was really surprised when I spotted one plant with all white flowers.  It is on my neighbor's property.




I added 2 more columns on the left side so I'm ready to sew this together.  The rectangles are 1.5" x 3" so this is small.  It should finish around 20" x 33".

More storms rolled through yesterday but the big hail missed us, at least my part of town.  I live in a town of a little over 7000.  In 2019 we had a hail storm that damaged my roof.  It cut a narrow path across the north end of town and most people on the south end didn't even know there was a hail storm.  So.....I'm just guessing that the big hail missed our town.  It missed me so I hope it missed everyone else.

8 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

It is so grand to see the garden come back to life, even if it needs some alterations! The rectangle quilt looks terrific.

Julierose said...

Oh so good that this storm missed your home!! Your garden plants are coming along beautifully; My iris are finally poking their "sword" leaves up--for some reason I just love the shape of those leaves!!
54 here--a bit warmer this morning--a definite walking day--hugs for a good weekend Julierose

Mary said...

We received a very welcome .87 inch last night.

JJM said...

So fun to see your Flourishing garden plants ….. And such a fun color wash you have created. Makes for a wonderful wall hanging.

JJM

Quiltdivajulie said...

Isn't it wonderful to see the gorgeous greens of spring?!!

Nann said...

There was a glorious rainbow last evening after the storms rolled out over the lake. I only know because local friends posted photos on FB. I was indoors at the high school scholarship awards event. Your watercolor columns are beautiful.

Barbara Anne said...

The water color rectangle quilt top looking better and better as it grows!

So is your garden!!

Hugs!

Mystic Quilter said...

Lots of lovely green today, we're now having the changes to brown in our gardens! I have never come across a white flowering lungwort, I like their speckled leaves. Your new colourwash is lovely, interesting to read in your previous post how you came to the idea of using pieces which didn't play well in your others.Going back to your beautiful Fantasy Garden, this is a super full photograph, and once again that border couldn't be beaten. Apologies for a three in one comment I'm behind in reading and thought I'd save you three separate replies!