Wednesday, April 19, 2023

First finish of April 2023...........


The hand stitching of the binding is finally done.  It isn't that I dislike hand stitching, I dislike sitting in one spot for hours.  But it is done and that makes me happy.  It ended up at 53.5" x 64".  I named it My Fantasy Garden, a great preview of the colors we will soon see in our real gardens.


I love the colors in this one and I especially love the border and backing fabric.  It makes me happy that I bought enough of it on sale many years ago just hoping for a quilt it would work on.  

I quilted it with YLI cotton pink variegated thread on top and green Superior Bottom Line in the bobbin, Hobbs 80/20 batting.

I have chosen the next one to quilt and I have the backing cut and pressed, waiting for the one long seam to be sewn.

 

15 comments:

Julierose said...

That border is so gorgeous--what a lovely quilt you've made.;)))
Only 42 this morning when I got up--strange after the 80 of last week...
Hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is really pretty. I too have trouble sitting for hours but for me it helps to have a good audio book to listen too or something on tv to watch. I know some say sew your binding down by machine for all of it but I am not neat enough for that and it doesn't look nice.

JJM said...

“My Fantasy Garden” is absolutely a master piece of quilting beauty ! It’s one that takes my breath away. From fabrics to design and hand stitched binding.

JJM

Nann said...

I've admired this all along -- a beauty!

Anonymous said...

It turned out absolutely fabulous!

Kristin said...

I love how you use so many different colors and patterns together and they all work so well. Beautiful quilt!

Barbara Anne said...

What a gloriously happy and colorful quilt with its many flowers and perfect name! Applause, applause!!

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Another simply delightful and beautiful quilt!

Kay in Kansas

Quiltdivajulie said...

I was happy when I saw you were hand binding this one - that meant you would keep it and use it. Hooray!!! It is beautiful and I know it will make you happy over and over again, especially during the non-blooming months.

MissPat said...

What a difference color placement makes. At first I thought there were two alternating blocks, but then saw it was the same block. The darker color choices make the corner blocks stand out. Intriguing.
Pat

Mary said...

It’s a perfectly wonderful April finish. The colors are beautiful- both front and back.

Vicki W said...

It is indeed a fantasy garden. It's beautiful!

Cathy said...

Your Fantasy Garden is glorious!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is a beautiful garden... and one I could keep alive!! haha!!
What wonderful fabrics!!!

pbj fiber marietta said...

Super job Wanda! Love the lush colors and the binding and backing.