Tuesday, April 11, 2023

A few more blocks...........


The last 2 strips sets that were already sewn had white backgrounds in the light fabrics and I wasn't sure they were going to work.  I went ahead and cut the 7" segments and then pieced one more set to have enough blocks to finish.  I wanted to be sure I like this before I sew it so I took the photo and brought it to my computer where I could analyze it.  I'll take another look at it this morning and make a decision.  This one is calculated to finish at 45" x 64" so it is small.  I could use those border strips (leftover from cutting the border for the Australian 16 patch)  on this one and increase it to approximately 50" x 72".

5 comments:

JJM said...

Compared to yesterdays photo, my iPad picked up the vivid colors way better today, on this top. Layered with precision these rectangles really show off the unique prints they are.

JJM

Quiltdivajulie said...

I really like this layout - and your pairings of fabrics.

Barbara Anne said...

Another happy and interesting quilt, Wanda! Love the fabrics and pattern.

Hugs!

Kristin said...

I like this quilt, too! You have such great fabrics (always!).

Mystic Quilter said...

This is such a different layout, it's very effective, I like it and wait to see if you do add border strips.