Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Two more flannel quilts

This one is a combination of 54/40 or Fight and Courthouse Steps/log cabin. I made it while the electricians were here about 4 years ago rewiring my entire house. I knew I could do a tedious pattern while they were here because I had to stay in that one room. Otherwise I would not stick to it because I get easily sidetracked. It is 74" x 82". This log cabin quilt was made from a huge fat quarter pack of Moda fabrics. My friend Mary and I wanted the packs and the store owner (a guy) was unhappy because we had to order 12 packs. After I made the sample and hung it in the store, we sold all of the packs and all of the fabric on bolts that went with it.
This is the back of the log cabin quilt. I knew I probably wouldn't ever use the rest of the pieces for anything else so I pieced the back too. This one is 66" x 82".

5 comments:

meggie said...

Just wonderful! Now you make me feel like a slug! No production going on round here at present.

Candy Schultz said...

Thanks for your advice. These look so nice I really think I need to make a place for them on my list.

TB said...

I like the story behind the courthouse steps/log cabin. When we have constraints, it's interesting the affects they can have.

Libby said...

Just thinking about flannel quilts makes me want to snuggle up on the couch and watch a movie - funny, huh?

Quail Hill Knits said...

Hi. I stoped by your blog for a visit and I wanted to say that your quilts are marvolous. I admire anyone who has the patience to complete all the piecing that goes into a quilt (I am knitter myself). You do beautiful work.