Monday, August 6, 2007

Machine Quilting

This is my set up in the basement for machine quilting. I also have a studio on the main level. I feel very spoiled that I have so much room in which to work, but it wasn't always that way. I used to have a little corner of the dining room blocked off with a screen. Both kids got married the same year and I instantly had a studio and a guest bedroom. Then I started cleaning up the basement and I had room to have workshops with 8-10 people in them. The quilt I am finally quilting is "Jewels in the Grass", a paper pieced pattern by Karen Stone. I made part of it as the class sample, probably in 1998-9 and then it sat in a box for years. Last year I decided to finish it and early this year I basted it. Then there were the leftovers.......
This is the first piece I made with the tiny leftovers from the paper piecing. It is 8" x 12" and was one morning of pure joy, lost to the world in my creativity. The second piece I made is the postcard size piece below.
The whole quilt top before basting and quilting.

5 comments:

Vicki W said...

That's a really pretty quilt. I love Karen Stone patterns. Bot I really love what you did with the scraps! Great wall hanging!

meggie said...

I do love to see your wonderful quilts. And love the scrap adventures!

Candy Schultz said...

Karen Stone does have some wonderful patterns. I like the stars a lot.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Absolutely LOVE the 8" x 12" piece made with scraps AND your description of "one morning of pure joy"... WONDERFUL!!!

Nikki said...

I love the fun, colorful flowers made from the scraps. It is full of sunshine and joy. A wonderful pick me up for this stuffed up mom in the raining Pacific Northwest.