Saturday, August 25, 2007

Blooms, flowers and quilts

I love the way the Rose of Sharon blooms look as they are opening. They are as delicate as tissue paper and so beautiful. Even the buds are beautiful. I don't know if Rose of Sharon is a tree or a bush. I've seen it as both so maybe there is more than one variety. The great thing is that they just keep blooming and blooming over a long period of time.
Here is another quilt in the process of blooming. With this one I started in the center with the lightest fabrics, unlike the one I posted a few days ago.
A little more progress and some squaring off at the edges, not knowing how big it will be at this time in the designing. It actually continued growing out both sides before it was finished.
The finished top waiting to be quilted. This one is 53" x 40".

4 comments:

mzjohansen said...

If only you could share some of this never ending quilting energy !! It's great !

Colleen said...

It's so beautiful! I could stare at it for awhile. It reminds me of a quilt that has been calling to me to make for months now. It's a quilt all done in vivid batiks and it has a wavy rainbow effect. I found the pattern in a magazine. It showed how to piece it in strips sewn into tubes. It was fascinating.

meggie said...

I love that too. I really enjoy watching your processes. I am desperately trying to get the mojo working again!

TB said...

Very nice. I love the way it "seems" that light is coming through the quilt.