Monday, August 27, 2007

More Strips and Curves

First I want to thank all of the commenters on yesterday's post about pen pals. It seems that a lot of us had the similar experience of being in contact through letters with someone we had never met . I think blogging is the modern day pen pal scene, but the nice thing is we don't have to wait until we have enough to write a letter, we can just post (or send by email) brief messages of our current thoughts. Who would have ever dreamed that was going to happen, instant contact with everyone.

This is one Strips and Curves that I didn't post with the others. I knew I had a picture of the strip pieced fabric before I cut into it so I had to search for it. This one is all batik fabrics. I made 3 stratas like this one and then cut them into the shapes with the acrylic template sets 1 and 2. I added 4 more fabrics into it that aren't in the strip piecing and cut them with the templates too. This one was started in Aug. 2003 so you see I am not one of those people who has to finish one project before I start another one. This one still needs to have a border (or not) and be layered and quilted. I haven't forced myself to make those decisions yet. Also as long as it is unfinished, it is mine. When I finish it I may decide I have to give it to someone or sell it and I'm not ready for that yet.

6 comments:

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

I could look at this one for hours and hours

Libby said...

And they say you're only 68% creative - I don't buy it!!!

Colleen said...

Truly stunning! I'm almost speechless. I always look forward to see whatever you are going to post. I'm always pleased.

meggie said...

I love that the colours give the effect of movement. The more you look, the more it dances! Fabulous.

Mt Perry Quilters said...

Strips and Curves will probably be our next project. 2 of our members have each bought a Strips and Curves book without knowing the other one was at the same time. The colours are great and the process looks so easy to create something wonderful.

TB said...

I like your attitude about unfinished projects! I'll have to give myself permission to do the same! I love your "new" fabrics from strips. Very nice composition.