Saturday, August 11, 2007

Ongoing Project

My scrap bags and boxes are overflowing. Earlier this year I decided to start making crazy pieced blocks of each color of the rainbow, with some blocks the combination of the 2 that will touch each other. I don't know how big this project will be or what the layout will be. I just put some pieces up on the wall to get an idea of what it might look like. I started with these 3 colors. Now I am starting on the reds. My plan right now is to make at least 30 squares of each color and then decide what I will do with them.

6 comments:

Elsie Montgomery said...

Good morning! Thanks for your comment on my blog. I just bought Joen Wolfrom's book, "Visual Coloring", and it is grand -- many of the quilts remind me of your exuberant colors and bold approach to selecting them. Have a great weekend!

elsie

Joyce said...

Nice idea. There is nothing better than a rainbow! I can't wait to see the finished result(s).

meggie said...

Ditto to Joyce's comment!

Cindy said...

Oh, nice idea! Can't wait to see what you do with this. I'm all for colourful rainbows :)

Diane said...

I love the wonkiness of these blocks!

Denise Aumick said...

Very, very funky and nice!
Denise