Saturday, August 25, 2007

Nature everywhere

I went down to my local sewing machine store to teach a class yesterday and this is what was on the front window, a praying mantis. Five and a half hours later he was still there so I started taking pictures. The store owner got up into the window area and held a placemat up behind him so I could get a better shot.
Then so you would know how big he was she held a dinner size plate behind him.
He was praying the entire time, I'm sure to be back home again instead of downtown with concrete and lots of cars going by.

4 comments:

Colleen said...

I think he must love quilting and was fascinated with what he was seeing in the display!

meggie said...

He was a large one!
I forgot to say, in your last post, with the lovely unfurling Rose of Sharon flowers, how beautiful they are.
I feel like that about little piglets when they are first born. They remind of little rosebuds, about to open up.
You may find that a very odd comparison, & I guess it is, really!

Joyce said...

Lets hope he was praying for you!

Vicky aka Stichr said...

Such a helpful and understanding store owner. And the PM, handsome, most handsome.