Thursday, August 2, 2007

Prismatic Garden Continued

This is the view from the bottom of my basement stairs looking at my largest design wall. Here is my next piece in the beginning stages. More on that tomorrow.
This is second big piece I made in this style. It is #9 in the series and is the same size as #1. It is a lot darker than #1 so I still trying to recreate the first one in my next piece (in progress). I still own this piece and it hangs in my "sunshine yellow" guest/computer room. I look up at it every time I am at the computer, and analyze it.
This one is #10. I had it hanging in my bedroom for several years and it was the first thing I would see every morning, with my fuzzy vision before I put my glasses on. I really like a lot of the fabric combinations that I used in these strip sets and I go back and look at if often when I am starting a new one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting how #10 seems to shimmer. How it has a different texture from the others. Is there something different about the fabrics--different style, more--something? Spotty? I like them all, but I really like the texture on #10. It would be nice to know just what it is that makes it shimmer.

meggie said...

No 10 does look so different, I think it is the way you have placed the colours?
It is fascinating to see how different each one looks.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Mary and Meggie,
#10's layout is blocks of 4 all dark long strips alternated with blocks of all light long strips. Some of the others are random, one in diagonal stripes and one with 2 darks opposite each other with 2 lights opposite each other in each block. Sometimes I have a plan, sometimes it designs itself.
Wanda

Elsie Montgomery said...

If you every decide you want to give away # 9, look no farther! It really appeals to me and reminds me of one of those pictures that you gaze at and another image eventually pops out.

elsie