Thursday, August 16, 2007

Nostalgia

I think this is a 4 generation picture taken before my mother was born. The little girl is my Aunt Marian. She just turned 97 at the end of July this year. My grandma is the one on the right. I'm not sure if either of the greats were still alive when I was born. This is my Aunt Marian when I was probably 1 1/2 years old. I had naturally curly hair but not very much hair so this is my hairdo in the early years' pictures. That is my older brother with us. It is great that we can scan these pictures and have digital copies of them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love looking at old photos.
Makes you really think of how far we have come and how much more complicated life has become.
Louise

meggie said...

I have copies of many old photos, or our family & I love them all. I have done posts about some of them, & I love to see other's posts with their old photos.

I love to see the fashions too! Your Aunt's dress is wonderful.

Anonymous said...

I love the first strips and circles quilt. My favorite part (OK, after the COLOR) is finding the novelty fabric mixed in with the pieced fabrics. It's not too much of the zebras and elephants (which is far too easy to do), but just the right amount to set the mood. Your black and white version needs a zippy orange or turquoise skinny, skinny border and then a wider black and white pieced border...