Thursday, July 12, 2007

Using leftovers

I always seem to have leftover blocks from a demonstration or pieces left on the cutting table after cutting a project. It all seems to collect in a pile until one day I decide it is time to just play with it while I decide what I am going to do for my next big project. I sell some of it, donate some for door prizes or use it for small gifts. I have a friend who will take any of the pieces and parts that I don't want to deal with.

Water bottle cozies so you don't make wet rings on the table and you will always know which bottle is yours.

Journal covers that make your little book look so important.

A nice little bag to carry your lunch in to a class at the quilt shop.



1 comment:

Candy Schultz said...

Very clever ideas. I have a huge bag of scraps but no partials. Thanks for coming by. I have yet to cut into any of my Laurel Burch fabric either. I am planning on it, however, since she keeps designing more. I think in the beginning I didn't know how much there would be. I just got her new book also.