Wednesday, July 25, 2007

RED, for lack of a better name

This is a closeup taken outside with natural light. It is pretty accurate for color.
I'm still not happy with the full shot so I may try again for better color.



In the early 1990's a new little tool came on the market, the Easy Angle. It allowed you to cut your triangles from the same size strip as your squares instead of the 7/8" add on. I pulled all of my red fabrics from the late 80's, early 90's and cut hundreds of triangles with no project in mind. They sat in a box and waited for me to take action. A couple years ago I decided to sew them together into squares and ended up making an all triangle quilt. I finally got it quilted in January this year.





3 comments:

Vicki W said...

I love the color red and this is one stunning red quilt!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Thanks, Vicki, now I want to make another one with all fabrics from the mid 90's til now.
Wanda

TB said...

Ah red. I love red quilts, and I just don't see them very often. The triangles make it even better. Love it!