Thursday, July 19, 2007

Paper piecing

When I started making this piece it was going to be a small wallhanging. When I got to the point where I had to make 2 more paper pieced sections, I just couldn't do it. I had to find a way to use the pieces I had and be done with it. After a little playing around this is what I ended up with. It is a good size for a table centerpiece.

Here is a closeup view after it was quilted.



And here are the leftovers, that little pile of tiny scraps left after trimming during the paper piecing process. I used a pink metallic thread for both the quilting and the edge so it was hard to photograph it. Maybe I'll try without a flash next time.






6 comments:

Laurie Ann said...

Very cool! I am still getting the hang of paper piecing. I like the end product, that's for sure! I tried postcards, but I am just not that creative.

Deb Hardman said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I love your use of color, & unrestrained way of piecing the leftovers! It's great!

Candy Schultz said...

Very beautiful. Don't you just love paper piecing. My Gramma quilted all her life and she died just before the rotary cutter made its debut. She would be totally amazed at the tools and techniques we have today.

meggie said...

Wow! I dont usually like reds, but I love that! It is gorgeous.

The Idaho Beauty said...

Love the colors in this one. And what a great way to use up those scraps!

TB said...

The paper pieced quilt is very nice, but I also like the pieces made from left overs. Amazing how beautiful they are, isn't it?