Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Postcards

When I'm not ready to tackle a big project, and the studio is a mess (when is it not a mess?) I start cleaning up the scraps from previous things. Sometimes they just scream "Make me into a postcard".
Some are scraps from a specific project such as the one above. All of those scraps and the embroidered patch were left from a store sample that I made.
This red one is leftovers from a quilt which I haven't been able to get a good picture of. The saturation of color is so high on an all red quilt that it comes out mushy looking in the picture. Today is a cloudy day so I may entertain my neighbors by taking pictures outside.

2 comments:

meggie said...

Oooh I would love to be your neighbour with all that visual treating!

Diane said...

That embroidered postcard is the happiest thing I ever did see!