Saturday, July 28, 2007

Floral Fabric Quilts

It is no wonder that I like floral fabrics since I love a jumbled flower garden, full of color. These 3 quilts are colorwash with all floral fabrics from small to medium size prints. The one above is designed one square at a time and it really is square (blame the photographer, me).
The one above is a baby quilt made in the strip pieced method so every block is identical.
This small piece has squares that finish at 1". When I was cutting kits for my classes, I always had that little bit left over at the fold. I found I could get 1-1/2" squares out of most of the fabrics and 1" squares (to finish at 1/2") out of the rest. I have made 3 pieces with the 1/2" finished squares. I'll round them up someday and take a picture of them for you.

1 comment:

meggie said...

I have small print florals left over from my doll making days. Perhaps I will try a quilt like one of those to use some of them.