Sunday, July 29, 2007

Color Blocks

This quilt was made in a workshop where we were to work on two pieces at the same time, but they should be opposites of each other, like cold/hot, dark/light, etc. Mine were bright and dull. You have probably guessed that this is the bright one. I forgot to take a picture of the other one after I finished it and it sold so I can't get a picture now. I have pictures of it in progress but they aren't quality photos. I hope I have learned my lesson to always take a good quality picture before I let the piece out of my hands.

5 comments:

Elsie Montgomery said...

Wanda, you are the most inspiring quilter! My style is different, but looking at your blog makes me want to get at that stash, make those ideas into quilts, and get out in the yard for more ideas. Love your flower photos, and your quilts. Thank you.

elsie (elsiequilts.blogspot.com)

Joyce said...

Your blacks are wonderful. They really set off the bright colors. I am starting to collect blacks for that reason. They are quite scarce in quilt stores around here but we are planning a little trip to Minneapolis and I have our route planned out according to the quilt stores on the way. Good thing my DH enjoys them too because he is an artist and is really into color.

Candy Schultz said...

The picture looks great to me. Of course I am the worst photographer in the world. I like that piece a lot. My collection of blacks, whites and brights is the largest in my stash.

meggie said...

Black can be such a great enhancer. A shame you didnt get photos of your other one. I have found the digital camera real bonus, as I didnt always get photos taken before I had one.

Tonya Ricucci said...

lovely quilt. The yellow really adds interest. I'd have had a really hard time trying to do a dull version.