Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Little Batik Squares


I love those little batik squares that come in groups of frogs, suns, penguins, elephants and others. I have bought several and then thought, now what?

I always have a pile of crazy pieced blocks that I have made between other projects. Making crazy piecing is very calming to me, a therapy of sorts, and I have piles of different size "blocks" that are ready to be cut to size and used.

I like the idea of vertical columns in a quilt but had rarely used that format. After a bit of playing, this is what I made. I stitched vertical lines with heavy black thread in the striped fabric as part of the quilting.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your work is stunning!:) I love the way you mix colors:).

Vicki W said...

I LOVE it! I have a set of those squares of cats and have not yet been inspired to do anything with them. Now I know.

Joyce said...

I totally love the way it has turned out. The crazy pieced blocks are right up my alley!

Diane said...

Man, oh man, what a graphic quilt! The black and white stripe is a perfect fabric to offset the crazy pieced blocks. I love the little vertical striped interruptions.

Candy Schultz said...

I love using bright colors with black and whites. That section of my stash is growing by leaps and bounds. What a gorgeous quilt.

Helen said...

Hi Wanda

Thanks for visiting my blog. I've just had a wee peek on the work computer at yours. I'll be adding you to my bloglines when I get home. I love your work, the church banner is wonderful, so subtle.

Dixie Redmond said...

I love this quilt, Wanda. Oh, the color. Yay, color!

Dixie

TB said...

Crazy and fun quilt. The craziness makes it interesting. I like it very much.

Anonymous said...

The link for your photo is broken. 2/1/2024
Tlcahaynes@gmail.com