Friday, July 20, 2007

More Back Yard

This is my favorite hosta. It is a sun lover so its leaves are mostly yellow when they mature. I like the different shades of yellow and green as it goes from top large leaves to small bottom leaves.

In my back garden I have a plant hanger that I can hang 2 plants on. Here you will see its summer use, and in winter I hang suet cakes for the birds.






Well you get the idea, I hang them for the birds and some of the furry gang that entertains me all winter climb up for a snack. I have greased the pole several times but that only deters them for about 3 days.


The birds and squirrels have different feeding times so they rarely bump into each other.

3 comments:

meggie said...

We dont have squirrels here in Australia or in New Zealand. Would they drive the birds away, if they were both there at the same time?

Diane said...

What a gorgeous photo of your hosta. It is my favorite plant but we no longer have any.

TB said...

Hosta leaves are beautiful. I took a photo of my hostas just as they were rising this past spring. It's posted on my blog. I think they are interesting plants.