Saturday, July 28, 2007

I love flowers

I went out around 7 p.m. to take pictures of my flowers and the greens are so nice and dark and lush looking. The lilies above appeared one year. They weren't here when I moved here 35 years ago. They came up right next to a porch railing. Hmmm, I wonder if the birds had anything to do with this as they perched there. I have dug them all out at least 3 times and moved them elsewhere, but after a few years, here they are again in the same place.
I like the gold and purple combination.
This coral bell always produces a huge mass of flowers. It is hard to get a picture in the daytime, but this night picture really shows them off.
The dwarf phlox in two colors.
My other color Rose of Sharon, thanks to sharing friends. I also have another lavender but it didn't have a perfect flower for me to photograph. I will keep watching it for a better opportunity.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Chicago Botanical Society says that Rose of Sharon Shrubs are doing poorly this year..yet, yours look beautiful. They should come this way and find out what you are doing right. As always your garden is a real treasure, like your quilts.
Louise

meggie said...

I love all your flowers. We had Tiger Lillies in our garden when I was a child, & I have always loved their bright flowers. And Phlox! the lovely smell of them. Is that Rose of Sharon a Hibiscus? that is what it looks like to me.

TB said...

Night pictures of flowers really show their colors, and the background "noise" does not distract from the main subject as much. Good pictures you have here, and a lovely garden.