Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A Big Thank You

How exciting it is to get comments from around the world! I want to thank everyone who is veiwing my blog and especially those of you who have commented. I used to give programs for quilt guilds, starting in 1987. I also had my own quilt shop and worked for several other shops so my quilts have always been "out there" on display. When I left my last quilt shop manager job in 2000, I continued to make just as many quilts, but I no longer had the exposure that I was used to.

Now with this blog, I feel like I am doing a program again, but instead of having to lug the 3 heavy suitcases and 2 backdrop stands and 80 quilts and quilt tops, I can take my time and just show one at a time. I will continue to show older pieces, partly because it is forcing me to get them out and take a digital picture of them, since they preceeded digital cameras. I am always making new quilts too, because I am driven to keep experimenting with color and pattern.

Thank you again for giving me a reason to continue this blog.

3 comments:

Laurie Ann said...

I just found your blog and I just love your style. I'll enjoy keeping up with your projects, I am sure.

Diane said...

Wanda, The thing I am really enjoying about your blog is that each day when I check it, there is a new post. Keep it up! Great photos.

Rose Marie said...

I just found you blog and have enjoyed reading it.