Sunday, July 15, 2007

Store Samples





One of the ways I supplement my retirement income is making store samples for some local quilt shops and sewing machine stores. The first picture is samples of a Lori Smith pattern featuring batiks. The quilt store owners know how much I love batiks so they thought this would appeal to me. These are all in the 16"x20" range with a few variations.






The second picture is for the sewing machine store and features machine embroidery. I have had embroidery machines since 1994 and it substitutes for the hand embroidery that I can no longer do. I have always loved embroidery and am fascinated watching the machine do the work. This also serves as a sample for my free motion quilting classes there. There are 2 flowers and 2 hummingbirds in the quilting that were done by the embroidery machine and the rest is free motion leaves filling in the space.









No comments: