Monday, July 30, 2007

Tablerunners from scraps

I love working with my scraps. There is nothing better than the hum of the sewing machine and mindless piecing together of scraps to give me a sense of peace and calm. Could a psychiatrist put me into a better sense of well being? I don't think so!! The table runner above sold just a couple days after it arrived at the gallery. I tried to be more subtle in this one, not so "exuberant". After I have used most of the really bright scraps, these are the ones that are left.
This one I kept for myself. It is a little bit of sunshine for me as I walk past it each morning on my way to the kitchen.

4 comments:

Elsie Montgomery said...

You keep doing this to me... how can I get my laundry done if I keep being inspired to quilt and quilt and quilt!

thanks for making me feel exuberant again today!

elsie

Joyce said...

I have been working on a wonky quilt similar to the top one. Gotta love the way so many colors can lok great together.

meggie said...

Just love them all. No wonder that top one sold quickly. I love the effect that those jungley black & whites have- a sort of hold-your- breath-expectancy!

Dixie Redmond said...

Oh, my. I am NOT a quilter. I am NOT a quilter. But the third piece makes me want to be. Beautiful.

Dixie