Sunday, July 15, 2007

Robin family


I have been watching this nest ever since the robins started scolding me for using my front door. I was finally able to capture one of the parents and 2 babies all at the same time. It is taken through a window screen but that was the only angle where I could get a picture.









Below the robin are my mini phlox, coral bells and coreopsis. This year I did not spread any of the products that keep seeds already in the ground from growing and the coreopsis is everywhere. I hope I can transplant some of it to another garden area when it gets a little cooler. I started deadheading it so it would have more flowers and then I saw a yellow finch having lunch on the dried seeds one day. Now I only deadhead about half and leave the rest for the birds.



2 comments:

Vicki W said...

Cute bird photo - don't you just lvoe watching the nesting birds?

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

Your American Robins are just so big! Ours are about the size of sparrows. I now know why the ones in US Christmas cards seem so out of proportion (grin)
Nice quilts quilts, lovely colours BTW,
Sally