Thursday, July 5, 2007

Retirement


I retired from my day job at the end of 2005 for two reasons. One was that my parents (88 & 93 yrs.) needed a ride to the dr., pharmacy, grocery store, etc. The other reason was the growing pile of unfinished quilts, lots of which were class sample tops. I want to finish most of them; the rest I will give, sell, donate to others. If they don't finish them, I at least won't know about it. This blog will be my sharing pictures of the ones I finish or intend to finish for my friends and family and anyone else who wants to visit.


This quilt is one of the 8 baby quilts I have finished since the beginning of this year. It is an Eleanor Burns Double Pinwheel and was a class sample. I have 5 grandchildren so maybe I am making a pile of baby quilts for my great-grandchildren to come.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Speaking of babies, I just noticed in your profile that you started quilting in 1957. I was born in 1956!

Sue Wauer said...

you have an incredible sense of color that makes your 'quilts', works of art.