Here it is, all finished!! I keep trying different measurements for the strips and the cross cuts. This one came out quite rectangular and would be good in the crib. It measures 37" x 51". I did the binding all by machine, sewn on the back and then flipped to the front. I used a zig zag stitch this time for the final stitching. A straight stitch seems to make the edge so stiff, and with zig zag it stays softer.
I used a Laurel Burch dotted/stripey fabric for the back. I do ditch quilting around every other color so it is like an echo of shapes. I usually do free motion meandering in the borders. I really don't think the baby will come back and tell me he/she wants more interesting quilting.
I'm off for lunch with friends today and maybe stopping at 2 quilt shops while we are at it. We had gentle rain this morning, so nice after all of the windy storms we have had.