Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Borders sewn on........and more............


I didn't think I was going to get the borders cut and sewn on this Bear Paw quilt before the end of the month.....but I did.  It is 69" x 84" now.  No longer a pile of blocks waiting to be sewn into a top.



Then last night I looked through my list for a small quilt that I could possibly finish by midnight tonight.  This one already had its backing and binding chosen and I had a cutaway piece of batting large enough for it.  This one was just 36" x 45" before quilting.  Finished size will be in tomorrow's post.


I didn't have any thread fraying or breaks.








The medium tan thread worked well on it.  Details tomorrow.


 

8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love the zigzag quilt and the bear paw border fabric was perfect for it

Julierose said...

Oh good deal--you are really finishing things up so well:))) I really love how the Bear Paws look...
I did early morning food shopping this morning--42 degrees and pretty windy in that parking lot!! Sunny though--and our trees are almost fully turned now--so a scenic drive...
hugs, Julierose

JustGail said...

Love the subtle sashing on the bear paw top. It's so nice when the quilting goes well with no woes!

JJM said...

Bear Paw border makes a perfect border frame. It truly is an awesome creation !

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

Stellar accomplishments and don't you just love that border fabric on the Bear Paw quilt?! Don't fret if the zig-zag quilt becomes your first finish for November.

We're about to have 4 chilly days and cold nights before things warm up a bit again.

Hugs!

Kristin said...

Beautiful Bear Paw quilt! And I love the zig zag quilt too.

pbj fiber marietta said...

Wow Wanda, October has been your month!! You have accomplished so much, congratulations. Love them all, so much to look at. Take care and stay warm....Pat

Vicki W said...

That swirly brown border really finishes it off nicely.