Sunday, October 22, 2023

Quilting on two............


The top of my sewing cabinet was finally cleaned off and I quilted both of these colorwash quilts yesterday.  Today I will choose bindings and prepare hanging sleeves.




While I was sitting at my computer a little after 5 p.m. I noticed the tree a little farther north of me glowing in the sunlight.  When I saw the color of the partially dead tree next to it I figured it is the golden hour.



Here is another view while the sun was hitting it and just a short time later after the sun had gone down behind the houses in the west.  The sky was a deeper blue than the photo on the left shows.  It was quite spectacular. 

11 comments:

Mary said...

I'm still looking for a solution for my sewing room reorganization, but I have made a little progress in clearing out some things. I love seeing your fall colors.

Julierose said...

That "Golden hour" photo is really lovely!! We awoke to a sky full of gold this morning--all the Ash trees have turned yellow/golden overnight! 52 and calm this morning so far...we didn't get much rain yesterday == only .09".
The peek at your quilted colorwash quilts looks lovely...
hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

"golden hour" is right that is beautiful the way it strikes that tree

Anonymous said...

That golden tree is spectacular. So glad you shared those pics. Your quilts are beautiful, and nearly finished!

JJM said...

What grand photos for the day ~ your Colorwash quilts resemble your “Golden Hour” photo . They have that wonderful glow, lovely Sunday post Wanda.

JJM

Linda Swanekamp said...

My life saying is "It is all about the light". My husband's is "It is all about leg room". The light is beautiful. The glow and richness is incredible.

Barbara Anne said...

Well done in machine quilting both colorwash quilts yesterday and you certainly had the perfect backing fabric for the one in the right of the photo!

What a magnificent tree, too!

Hugs!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Stunning tree photos!

Mystic Quilter said...

Always a delight to see your colourwash quilts come up in your posts.

Connie said...

I can see the color in those leaves inspiring a new quilt.

Nann said...

The fall colors have popped this past week. Yesterday's sunshine made everything glow.