Monday, October 23, 2023

Cutting and auditioning............


While the washing machine was running I turned on the iron and pressed the pile of things waiting patiently for about a week.  Part of the pile was the fabric for sashing on the Bear Paw blocks and border fabric for the African elephant quilt top.  I got all of the pieces cut for both of these projects.

I pulled a few brown/black batiks for possible binding choices for the larger of the 2 colorwashes that I just quilted.  I didn't have the camera quite level with the choices but this can give me an idea how they might look.


I'm only trying them on one edge for now.  As I go through more choices I'll lay them next to at least 2 sides to audion.




I have the smallest amount of this one so I need to measure and see if there is enough.






I'm not sure if I want a stripe on a colorwash but this one does look good.

Today I'll have my choice of several different projects to work on.  It's going to warm up for 2 days so I may find some things outside that need to be taken care of.
 
 

9 comments:

Nann said...

I like all the binding possibilities!

Quiltdivajulie said...

That first binding possibility is a fabric that I have used sparingly for many years. I'm guessing option two or three of these four possibilities. Have fun choosing!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like all of them. It is warm here all week too in the 80s even at night will be warmer than usual in the 60's, I'm wondering if I will need to put the a/c back on, we will see how hot the house gets I guess

Julierose said...

I find binding a quilt of "many colors"--like my crumb pieces--always takes me a while--and lots of auditioning. I like your choices so far--the 2nd pix is my fave though. ;))))
A chilly 45 this morning with a strong NW'ly wind; but sunshine is doing a bit of warming up; no walk until just before noon to find it hopefully a bit warmer...
hugs, Julierose

JJM said...

I enjoyed seeing all your options for bindings for the large colorwash. Plus the pieces you pressed to apply to Bear Paw and African Elephants. Another busy day in your studios. And getting some laundry done also.

JJM

helenreimers said...

You have inspired me to do a colorwash with 5 inch squares I got.

Patty said...

I finally have a few minutes to catch up reading your posts. You certainly have been busy. I am leaning towards number two of this group. The picture of the golden hour tree was gorgeous.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Oh, the colors looks wonderful auditioning against the pieced squares. Yes, I would go outside if it is nice because not so nice will be here for months.

Mystic Quilter said...

You have good choices here for binding, I rather like number 3.