Friday, October 13, 2023

More little things...........

 


I have made so many larger projects earlier this year that I'm enjoying just working on small things right now.  I sewed more flying geese with Australian fabrics in an effort to get my sewing machine cabinet cleaned off.  I need to quilt a small colorwash that is already basted and the table top has been a mass of clutter for awhile.  I have 110 sewn now and then I found another group of half square triangles that had fallen off the tray.  That means I need to cut some more quarter square triangles for geese.  I hope to finish this up today and get them all pressed and stacked in a small storage box.


I added more pieces to a colorwash I showed a week ago.  I need this small design wall out of my way too. It needs more than that one piece to finish it.  Several pieces need to be replaced with a lighter value on the right side.

I checked my rain gauge around 11 yesterday morning and it had 1.55" of rain in it.  That was from 4 p.m. on Wednesday to 11 a.m. Thursday.  Heavy rain predicted for this afternoon.

8 comments:

Julierose said...

Your Colorwash is looking so pretty--such lovely fabrics melting one into the other!!
47 here early this morning--sleeping woes last night...that happens once in a while!
I finished up the final star outline this morning while waiting for my coffee...now I have to decide whether to outline the upper night sky clouds...
hugs, Julierose

Mary said...

Rainy days are the best sewing days. I know what you mean about wanting to take a break from big projects for a while.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you are lucky to be getting some rain. The color wash is looking really pretty

Quiltdivajulie said...

I think sometimes we get so focused on the big projects we ignore the dozens of smaller things that are right in front of us. Those flying geese are so beautiful!

JJM said...

Big or small projects you keep us entertained with your creations. Good to see more geese and your colorwash growing today.

JJM

Barbara Anne said...

Love your wee Flying Geese and the charming color wash squares. How much larger will the color wash quilt become? Are those squares cut 1"?

How refreshing and satisfying it is to move from large projects to small ones from time to time.

Hugs!

Patty said...

Sounds like you are making a lot of headway getting that group of flying geese organized and ready for when you will add them to a future top. That is quite a bit of rain. I know you needed it and the trees are getting a good drink before the cold weather hits. Rain here tomorrow.

Helenchaffin said...

A flying geese quilt is on my want to make list lol ,luv your colorwash quilt,mine goes from color wash to scrappy lol