Monday, October 9, 2023

Organizing and playing.........


In addition to going through all of my books I'm still trying to get the basement area organization done.  I had a few blocks to put in the batik orphan block box so I decided to check on what was in there again.



There are some pretty ugly blocks in the mix and some I really love.  There were enough more blocks to change the design wall one more time but I have seen enough now.  I need to sort the blocks by size and clip them together before I put them all back.  I need a bigger box too so I'll make that change now too.

I haven't made any decisions on the African quilt design yet and I'm not sure I'll work on it next.  I need to cut 5 batting pieces so I can get the roll of batting off my work tables.

I finally had to turn on the heat while it is in the 40s and 50s outside and only 60 inside.  It was only going to get colder inside.  They are talking possible light frost a couple nights but I have decided not to cover the tomato plants.  I moved the 3 pots with tomato plants in them closer to the house and near bushes.  There are about 25 good sized green tomatoes on them. 

7 comments:

Julierose said...

You have a lot of orphans there;)))
47 here this morning and we do have the heat turned on...
Scheduled for covid shots this morning early--see if we actually
get them...???
Hugs, Julierose

Mary said...

Maybe it's something in the air. A shelf calamity launched you into a organizational pilgrimage, and a lost travel iron (I have yet to find) began mine.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

That is a lot of orphan blocks will you use a lot of them for a sampler quilt or make more of some blocks to use for a larger one block quilt
I would have the heat on too - our house gets quite chilly at those temperatures - it is an old drafty house though we need some new windows on one side of the house to fix that

JJM said...

Fun seeing your ‘orphan blocks’ ~ enlarged the photos for even a closer look. A nice array to select a starter from ~ if you decide to go that direction.

JJM

Nann said...

That's a healthy group of orphans! Turned the heat on here, too.

Barbara Anne said...

You really need to label your orphan block box "Treasure Chest"! Love the blocks that you've had hidden therein.

I've made many wall quilts using 1,3, 4, or more blocks and am quite happy with them hanging here at home seasonally and to know many are hanging in the homes of friends near and far. Might some of your orphan blocks make good wall quilts, table runners, or table toppers? It's okay if the answer is no. :)

It is certainly the season to wonder if the tomatoes will ripen on the vine or not.

Hugs!

MissPat said...

I finally bit the bullet and turned the heat on yesterday. No frost here yet, but it's coming soon I'm sure. It's always dangerous getting into a reorganizing project. You never know what you might find.
Pat